Thread: scared to sleep
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Number1

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Number - That restlessness & anxiety is all part of withdrawing. Even though you're tapering you have less in your system and your body is reacting. There really isn't any way to get around it that I know of. I remember the feeling so well. I do hope you manage to get some rest. It'll be great when this phase is over with and you can begin healing.

Please tell us how your appointment goes. We care.
Thanks for that Hevyn. basically it went well, I was very impressed with the practitioner.

She tore a strip off me for the first 20 minutes asking why I was relapsing and drinking those hideous amounts. I guess she used this to measure my response because she them told me what was happening, which was the first time I had heard that even though I had been in rehab. By going cold turkey previously I had damaged my body. She said that I should up my tappering slightly and meet again on Friday.

In the meantime I will get my bloods done and write up my story to discuss with her for the first step. I may need a medicated detox depending on the blood results - hopefully not. im also going to be seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist. She said that she will be asking her boss that I be transferred into her care (she was the duty person today). No one has spoken to me with that much information and in that manner before. I'm pleased.