View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Uninvited

Howdy folks. I had a few urges today. My parents are coming up for a week on Monday and there is a little voice in my head saying, "Drink now before they get here!" It's not very loud though, and I'm getting better at dealing with that annoying little voice. I know what kind of hell the whole drinking thing leads to. My body is only now starting to recover from some of the past abuse. Months later. It's only 30 days today but it's been over 100 days that I've been mostly under control. I'm sure at 10pm when I'm good and sober and starting to get tired I will love the fact that I didn't drink.

It's a little disappointing though because the urges to drink were pretty much gone until today. Oh well.

I've got most of my shopping done but I still need to stuff some money in a card and send it to my brother in the morning. I have a fairly large extended family all over the country that I've been skipping sending presents to for years and my sober self considered sending them all something this year. But I can't afford it and they don't send me anything either. Maybe next year.

We are supposed to have a big ice storm here this weekend, so I'm worried I might lose power and it will get damn cold in here if that happens.

WB Lor. I liked reading your posts Diesel.