View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Plenny, I'm sorry you're sick. Get well soon! I have a tendency to just ride sickness out without a lot of hoopla, but when my husband gets me to try even a little something to ease the misery, I'm always grateful. I think "wow, why did I fight this so much?" Ah well. I hate going to the doctor (sorry Renarde and other healthcare workers). I just have been really screwed by the health care field in general.

So....I just got this "joke" e-mail. I'm not laughing. I'm fighting the urge to write back as to how many people are killed by drunk drivers every year.

I'm getting so militant...yet it wasn't all that long ago, I WAS drinking and driving.
Driving drunk is not a laughing matter. A former classmate of mine killed himself and another person while drunk driving. Sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was an arrogant, racist jerk.
His tragic story:
The life and death of a real 'somebody' | savannahnow.com

I used to drive drunk also. I totaled my car after falling asleep at the wheel when I was 22. I stopped driving drunk after that! No one else was on the road and I was not injured so I just called AAA and had my car towed.

All of that being said, I thought the email was a little funny! (maybe just clever?)