View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hello Pamel! I'm so glad you have chosen recovery...you have done it before, and I know you can do it again and even better this time!!

Couple of things stand out for me in your original post...

You seem to be mad that your boyfriend is going to his father's birthday party, even though the reason you can't go is due to your own actions. Actions have consequences, and this is what you are now dealing with. Would you begrudge your boyfriend this trip to celebrate his father's birthday because you can't go? Would you rather he stay home with you?

As someone who has been nearly killed more often on a university campus by undergrads driving while talking and texting, I agree with you about the cell phones. However, IMHO, bringing this subject up is a diversionary tactic like "Yeah, I drove drunk, but what about them!" We all have to walk in the path we make for ourselves.

Pamel, you most definitely are not a number. You are a person with inherent dignity worthy of respect and love. I hope that you will keep working your program, whatever that looks like for you, and that your future will be peaceful and joyous!!