Thread: Emotional Abuse
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Emotional Abuse

When my AXGF texted me last week (again), it unnerved me a bit. The last time she had texted was in August, and I didn't even look at what she sent until last week.

She sent a black and white picture from her wedding, when her husband (lucky guy that he is) slipped the ring on her finger.

And as I think about her doing that, a lot of things come to mind.

This is another example of emotional assault. When she sent that picture, it was 19 months after finding "grace" and "dignity" and celebrating that event by dumping me via text and confessing she f**ked other men while she was with me. Her intention, again, was to inflict emotional harm on me. And while I know she's mentally ill, it still surprises me that after all this time, she wants to gun for me. It's an odd feeling; knowing someone is out there wanting and trying to cause me harm.

It confirms what I've known for almost 2 years. She's never going to change. People that are serious about their recovery don't pull the sh*t that she pulls. She talks the talk, but never walked the walk. She is, and almost will be, an apex emotional predator. She will use her body to get what she wants. It doesn't matter how much love you give her, or how much support, compassion, and understanding. She's incapable of receiving it, let alone appreciating it.

Me, I stopped loving her the moment she pulled what she pulled. It was instantaneous. What she does or doesn't do with her life is no longer a concern of mine...provided she leaves me the hell alone. Now that she's permanently blocked, maybe she will. But I admit that my concern is she'll show up at my home and cause trouble. She's certainly capable of it...