View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Every night before I hit the rack, I remind myself how fortunate I am.

Granted, my troubles when I dealt with someone with addiction issues don't really measure up to yours. But at the same time, I bet there's few members on here that would gladly trade your troubles for theirs.

We all go through sh*tty times. Life, frankly, isn't fair. But hating life isn't the answer. The best thing to do is to acknowledge, in the moment, that things suck. And once you do that, you realize that tomorrow gives another chance for things to be better. It may not be great. It may not even be good. But at least tomorrow gives us a chance.

The holiday season, for me, has given me a lot of heartache and a lot of pain. I still carry it with me. But I made the decision last year the Christmas was going to be as good or as bad as I make it. If it decide it's going to suck, then it will suck. If I decide I'm going to get through it, then I'm going to get through it. It's really that simple, making a choice.

Whatever your RAD, AS and husband do or don't do really isn't your problem. Take care of yourself, get as healthy as you can, and come to the light...

ZoSo