Thread: Buddhism
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Truly what you are putting yourself through with this craving is suffering .

Drugs might offer a bourgeois petit paradise , but what they offer holistically is vapid, temporary and transitory in nature , usually leaving us feeling worse and being in more dangerous situations for having abused ourselves with them, physically, mentally and financially .

From where i sit , you appear to have a wrong perception of what drugs will do for you , you are allowing yourself to be deluded by them , focusing only on the short term not the long term consequences of use .

I'd concentrate on that myself rather than worrying about such a triviality as trying to observe your own thoughts from within your thoughts , I say this because it's easy to get distracted into ideas that are of no real use other than honing and sharpening ones intellect and we can eventually drive ourselves into distraction and mental anguish with them and end up in potential using situations .

Taking life threatening drugs or drugs at life threatening levels, dealing with cravings isn't an intellectual pursuit to be done along with the crossword . Be clear on what you are doing here ,

Bestwishes, m