View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
hopeful4

At least he is able to articulate why he is doing what he is doing. Sounds a whole lot like my AH to be honest. The best thing he could do would be to get help for himself and you separate from him during that time and after. This is simply my opinion and what I wish I had done for myself and my children. If he truly wants to make things work it has to be for him. He needs help. He knows this. If he wants it he will get it. Don't find it for him or take over. Let him do it. Then stay apart from him after he does get help. He needs time to work on him, you need time to work on you and keep your children safe. If he is going to stay clean...time will tell. In the mean time, you and your children do not deserve to be abused emoationally and verbally. Time to man up, face his issues and deal with them.

An addict needs to deal with their own pain and consequences. If we keep saving them and letting them get by with these behaviors, it robs them the chance of ever changing. I heard this and will never forget it, it changed what role I see for myself. By letting my AH drink around me and my children not only am I hurting us, but him too. There is absolutely no good that can come from it, not a single thing.

Hugs.