Thread: Locked up....
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Txhelp

My daughter is doing well at the hospital. Today was a good visit and probably my last...she is really doing a change in how she sees her treatment. Previous hospitalization she should have been using street drugs again...she was high on RX meds when she left! Nothing like leaving the hospital a zombie!

This hospitalization she checked herself in to detox and get on the right meds. She told the doctor that she wanted to be herself and not a zombie and to not get into the addictive pharmas. She is her own advocate and I am very proud of her decisions thus far. She is at a different hospital than last.

She was told that she can stay with us after her release from the hospital for a temporary stay. She is a guest and we will figure out the longevity of her stay. This is to get her a place until probation review. She realizes that she has made promises prior....

I spend my evening deciding how to respond to my son when he is released from jail. I am packing a backpack with toiletries, change of clothes, and some information on resources. I will give him a ride from jail to a shelter or friends house. This is so painful, for me, as I know he will be sober leaving jail and feel the pain of my rejection. He will understand it but nontheless...it goes again mothering! My daughter tells me that she shouldn't be around him and he is a pretty severe user of drugs. She is afraid of his death. Aren't we all?

Some Christmas season....