View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Gilmer

I'm so pleased you got the vase back, WeHav! Remember, champagne tastes nasty. Even OJ can't mask the bitterness!

I just blew my voice out singing. Being older is rough. I guess I never learned to sing properly in the first place. I took lessons once, but the guy was opera trained and wanted to teach me opera. My upper register is pretty weak these days--I've always been a second alto or tenor. I just sang too hard today and then cough, cough, cough.

Then my 89-year old dad asked me a lot of complicated questions in the car. He's super hard of hearing, so I had to holler. That strained it even more. I'll have to go out and get some honey and lemon so I can soothe my throat with hot therapeutic tea.

I have a banquet tonight (the one they cancelled the wine for on my behalf). I'm looking forward to it. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever) I feel no attraction whatsoever to alcohol of any type. I'm just dead to it!

Of course, I hope I don't suddenly get alive to it in five months like I have the previous two times! Both times, though, I was away from the support of SR. This time I plan to stay on here where it's safe!