View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by meggygoround30 View Post
I confronted him and he broke down in tears and so much pain and anguish saying he has been trying so hard and it was so ******* heartbreaking to see him be so broken and me be powerless.
Okay I'm an alcoholic so I am going to give you my views on this. We are notorious for manipulation. Isn't it interesting how we turn everything around so that instead of it being about you it is all about us? Now he has you more worried about him and you feeling powerless. Exactly how we want to control you.

And you have a double whammy because he is physically abusing you as well. These relationships are even harder to get out of.

In someway it is easy for us because we can use the excuse, "well, I was drunk" "I don't remember anything" "I blacked out" etc. You however can't unhear, unsee or unfeel it. But of course we want you to know that this isn't the REAL US. But you know what, it is.

Real men don't hit women when they are sober or even when they are drunk. As hard as this is, get out of this now, cut all contact and ties with him and never look back.

Don't ever settle for someone treating you like this, you have way more power here than you think. Turn it around and make it all about you!