Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lolaiswaiting

NWGRITS-

Thank you for expanding on what you've been through. I relate very much. My ex sounds like your ex, in that he was all for supporting me in my health struggles for a while, but back when I honestly was faring just fine on my own. Now that things have gotten harder, it just kind of goes over his head.

I can't tell you how many times I've waited on him in the ER or the hospital after procedures where they won't release me until someone comes to get me. And he said he'd be there just 20 minutes before, but he never shows up. So I have to start making phone calls to anyone who will answer to come sign me out.

I know he's been high as a kite and you can't count on someone like that to show up for you. But it's like he has no concept of what's really been going on with me. I got sick enough several months ago to drop down to 80 lbs. and my doctors wanted to admit me to the hospital for fear I'd go into heart failure. I could barely walk across a room without collapsing. It was terrifying, lonely, and painful.

I had my parents and siblings and friends helping me but my boyfriend was nowhere to be found. He'd call me several times a day and just carried on our relationship that way. Because it was easier for him. There was always SOMETHING he had to do, somewhere he had to be, some project that was urgent. I mean literally he'd flake on me in the hospital because his nuts and bolts needed to be organized in the garage for 10 hours.

It sounds funny almost. My god. But it's so sad to me.

To update for today, he called me once earlier and I almost didn't answer. But then I did. I found I had nothing really to say to him so I got off the phone quickly.

I'm seeing less and less reason to continue to engage with him. I want so bad to go back to how things were before all of this, but I know that's not possible. Like it or not, miss him or not, everything is different now and I'm having to accept it.

Thank you all so much. You are helping me more than you know.