View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
FWIW, I think it is best to stay out of it in terms of the emotional game-playing. That's what he wants. It appears as though he is trying to scare you into rethinking your decision to separate.

Now, I'm not suggesting you stay out of the financial business of it. You have every right to know where the money is coming from, how much, when and where it is going. It's going to be very difficult, but try to stay in the "business" mindset and avoid the emotional traps he is setting.

You will be fine. I know you may have a hard time believing it, but believing it is a must. Difficult times haven't killed me yet, lol. And remember, sometimes the things we put ourselves through in order to avoid discomfort are actually worse than the discomfort itself.

Cheering you on!

L
Well what really ticked me off this AM is that he decided to have this conversation within earshot of our son. I told him we could talk about it later and he said, "Hey the kid's got to find out eventually. Screw the holidays, my grandparents died around the holidays, life happens." Okkkaaayyy, I was just hoping to do it after New Year's but I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

He was totally playing victim today. "I don't know what you want." "If you're playing games here, I don't like it one bit and I'm feeling very uncomfortable." "You're the one who wanted this, not me. I don't know why we couldn't do this living under the same roof."

I sat there smiling and said, "All I asked for was the financials. Where's the money going to come from: for the down payment, for the appliances, for the HOA, for the closing costs." To which he replied, "You have access to the same accounts that I do." Hey, buddy, that didn't answer my questions! UGH!!!!