View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by TheMs View Post
I heard that he just completed 3 days of detox at the hospital and should be reasonably dry at the moment.

I smiled and said "That is good, I hope he makes it" when on the inside I am ticked off that he does this now, After all my pleading and begging for the last few years he chooses to do it now. Not very smart to waste my energy on that, but here I am.
I can understand feeling bitter over that. However, he has issues besides drinking to work on. If he isn't trying to stop drinking for real and right reasons, he won't succeed long term. And his abusive behavior is also not addressed by simply not drinking. Drinking and being drunk doesn't excuse or downplay abusive behavior.

Originally Posted by TheMs View Post
OnawaMiniya, of course I would have been horrified reading this about anyone else. Strange, isn't it? I think you are right when you say that you get so used to it, it becomes normal. I remember catching myself trying to decide if I should actually leave/run or hide the block of knives. Who in the world would actually think twice about something like that? It made me realize that I am sick too, still considering to stay when all instincts should tell you to run for the hills.
It's not unusual...when I write out my husband's abusive behavior, or even just think about it objectively, it's horrifying. If someone else told me their husband was that way, I'd be horrified for them. I am working on independence myself. Good for you for getting out. It's inspirational to many people here I'm sure, including myself.

Take good care of yourself.

Peace.