Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

The chronic illness thing resonates with me. Right now I am in remission from a severe case of Crohn's Disease. One of my meds costs $6,000 per dose. I'm also testing for lupus, and suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia, plus recurring skin cancer. When I'm sick, I'm housebound and basically become a walking skeleton on TPN and fluids. My ex thought he could toss me around because "who would want a sick, broken wife"? My now-husband, that's who. And he's not an abusive, addicted a-hole. I know we can throw pity parties with the best of em, and it's depressing being sick all the time. But it's not an excuse to settle for less than we deserve. We have just as much a right to be happy and in healthy relationships as the healthiest person we know. Please take time to care for yourself and ignore him. Can you get someone to come into your home for massage therapy? I know with some conditions it's contraindicated with certain symptoms. Or maybe just a simple mani or pedi? I'd come over and watch bad movies while the infusions run through our IV's. Just don't forget that you are worthy of love and respect, and your illness doesn't give anyone the right to make you feel like you have to settle.