View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spiderqueen

Originally Posted by worriedmind View Post
And this is my life.

When I say it out loud, or write it down and actually think about what's going on here, I can't believe it. How did I let this happen? How did this become the norm? How is this acceptable?? I know I can't fix it, but I wish I could, and I've wished it for so long. I feel like I know what I need to do if I ever want peace, but I keep thinking if I wait just a little bit longer, things will change.

I also sometimes think that maybe me staying is what's stopping him from getting help. If I left, maybe he'd hit his bottom and get help. But on the other hand, if I left...maybe he'd just drink way more and get himself killed.
Hi worried,
I can really relate to your post. You are where I was about 6 months ago. I kept waiting too, to see if things would change. They did, and not for the better.

Well, I did break up with my ABF, and haven't seen him in 5 months now. I didn't end it so he would finally seek help, but of course, I did hope he would. He hasn't.

I have, though, and I am feeling better overall. I miss him a lot, I am still grieving. But I am functioning much better, I am far less stressed out and nervous, I no longer live in that out-of-control-any-second mode. It's a relief in most ways.

I honestly don't know if mine will just drink himself to death, or seek help, or go up and down; I only know that I won't be tormented by it anymore. I hope for the same respite for you. Life it just too damn short.

Take care, I hope you can have some peace tonight.