View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pete55

We Agnostics- Reference

I was not sure where to post this, but decided on the Gratitude forum for reasons I'll try to explain.

Firstly, if I am Agnostic or Believer is not the point.
I am Alcoholic and learnt that alcohol does not discriminate, it "attacks" the human body,mind and spirit/personality no matter what one's beliefs are.

But for me, I choose to work the steps and in so doing I cannot discriminate who I pass on my story of recovery to who ever cares to listen.
This may include the Agnostic/Atheist in the meeting rooms of AA!

So if my belief is a spiritual/divine way of getting wiser in this journey called "life on planet Earth", then how am I to help an Alcoholic Atheist who wants to stop suffering due to alcohol ?

Firstly I learnt all I could about what the Agnostic's/Atheist's view or interpretations are in regards to matters divine and make no judgement, only an observation.
I might be one myself.

I learnt all I could, got some insight, but I am who I am and probably not wired the same way as an Agnostic or Atheist.

My search for a way to find middle ground and understanding has led me to this web page:
AA Agnostica

Therefore I'm grateful of the web page, it will help me cos I'm working with a fellow AA member who is Agnostic, hope it helps this member to and remain sober.