Thread: To commit?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 12:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sherella

I want to thank you for your posts. The last 10 years have been very lonely, very frustrating and very sad, and although I am sorry that each of you finds yourself in similiar situations, or knows of those that are, I thank you for your sharing and caring. It lifts the soul and helps me face another day. I know that there's always the possibility that commiting him will not help, I don't know if a month or two would be enough, the fact that he drinks this stuff as fast as he can in one sitting, just excelerates the downward spiral. He can't remember yesterday, his eyes are all yellow, and I have to watch him constantly, one day I came home and he was sitting on a ladder trying to work in the main electrical box, one wrong move and he would have electrocuted himself. my lawn looks like a mosaic, and I am constantly having to stop him from doing things that would be injurous to him. I know they say your not responsible for them, but if I am not constantly watching him, I'd have no house left. I am surprised they haven't said something at his work, last summer he decided to use the skill saw to make a chair, which he uses to hang 20 some stories off the ground, he's one of those window cleaners you see on the sides of the tall buildings down town. He was so drunk he could barely stand up. downstairs the wall is lined with computers that he worked on while drunk they are all ready for the junk pile. I really don't want to wait any longer to have him commited since it seems every day he's worse then the day before, but at the same time, I am wondering how I am going to pay the bills while he is there as I can't work. Life just keeps throwing those curves..