View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ange4

Question does this anxiety ever go away?

Hi,
I'm new to all this, talking about my addiction and being sober.
Ive only been sober for 16 days now, I thought I was in control of my drinking, able to have a night off here and there, then one bottle of wine wasn't enough so i'd have 2 some nights, or try to exercise discipline and only have 2/3 glasses, all the while trying to reason with myself that I was still in control.

That all came to a head 2 weeks ago, when I woke up (after half a bottle of vodka) with pain in my abdomen that didn't go away, I was so scared I had done some serious damage to myself I decided to face the fact that I have a problem and I don't want to live like this anymore.

The last 2 weeks for me have been full of Dr appoinments, Hospital trips, ultrasounds, bloodtests and a full CT scan today. They found what they believe to be a small haemangioma(benign tumor) in my Liver, which they say is a very common birth defect and can cause pain.

The Drs don't seem concerned, but my anxiety is through the roof! I have been a mess for the last 2 weeks and its not just about my health, I am panicky, have had a couple of full panic attacks, irrational fears are taking over my mind and even when i'm not thinking about anything in particular I feel sick and anxious like something bad is going to happen to me, my husband or my children. I'm finding even doing my house work is an effort and I normally keep my house spotless.

Has anyone else been through this anxiety/depression? does it go away?
I would love to here your stories or experiences.

Thanks
Ange