View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
Over time I have learned to live without him. Then living with him. Our best recovery comes from inside ourselves. Its ok to miss him but not depend on him. Don't be scared for him... it will not help. Hes scared for himself.
Bad things happen to regular people too. Car accidents, disease, bad circumstances... but life goes on. Be strong for him and assure him you are doing your best. Send him inspirational books if you can afford it. Soft covers only! Anyway... reading and time to himself can be good/bad. Visiting is horrible... but it means a lot to him. You can be supportive of him but also put yourself first. Its about balance.

You will be stronger and wiser getting through these battles. You will grow and learnmore about how wonderful and beaurltigul you are. Its all about love. Just love and things will fall into place.
This came at a much needed time. thank you. I missed a call from him today, but that is ok because I was at a meeting and he got to talk to my dad instead. He said to encourage me that he is safe, and that he has paper and envelopes now to write. He said not to send any money, because he has everything he needs. The chaplain gave him a Bible today! and that he has never been so thankful for a Bible, growing up as a pastors kid he got sick and tired of always getting them for Christmas. I am thankful that he is not asking for money. I don't have it to send.

today was good for me. I got some housework done, and I began to sew the kids Christmas outfits. My son will have a forest green dress shirt with silver buttons and a red tie. He already has the suit jacket and pants. My daughter will have a pretty red dress with a green sash. I already made the petticoat for her birthday. I visited my mom and we are making baby clothes (she knits and I crochet) for the Phoenix Childrens Hospital. We are making them santa hats and the cutest little green ones with elf ears.

I get lonely during this time of night. This is a learning process for me for sure. I have been repeating positive quotes in my mind all night. I watched Jerry Macguire and I laughed because of how he just can't stand to be alone and thought "hahahaha!!!! that's sooooo me! =]

I am thankful for all of the support I receive on this site.
sending warm hugs to all of you
Lily