View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Correy
Swashbuckler

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
Am I wrong to be pissed off and hurt?
Not at the moment. If you'd hold grudges and not let it go it would keep hurting you and than it would be wrong for you...

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
I don't feel like confronting her over this. I am going to just not call her and hope that she does not call me, because I guess I will have to tell her what I think if she does call.
You set a precedent, two in fact, and she, being as selfish as all of us alcoholics are when drinking, might feel she's entitled to your free limo services. So once you refuse her she'd be the one hurt (not knowing why this sudden change of heart) and may react in a way that might provoke a hurt in you.

So, with a due disclaimer that I do not know either of you or the dynamic in between your characters, I'd nicely tell her why you have a problem with being around people that drink (I would not even mention how particularly repulsive it is for you when she drinks) and that you can't do it anymore.

So the next time, even if she's sober, you will not provide her with the service. You'd take this of your chest and end her taking advantage of your kindness once for all, in a clean, open, non-confrontational ("you lied") way.

Enjoy your sober life.

Good luck.