View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 06:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Gracey

Bluester

I am sorry that your husband wont let you go........My H wouldnt let me go either...........because he felt threatened and he still thinks I am going to find someone there and have so much in common with them that I am going to leave him..............That may be his mind set but not mine....I decided that it is my choice whether I go somewhere for an hour a week.......and I shouldnt be made to feel guilty or bad...........or I shouldnt have to fight about it............so I turn his invitation down on Friday's to fight...........and I just go.............

I look so forward to my alanon meetings on Friday night....I didnt start going to alanon right away...............I found this site and this has been my main support system for a very long time........

My health insurance is covering my counseling appointments.......I am so thankful I have that........or otherwise I couldnt afford it myself.............but I know that somehow, or somewhere if you looked into it, you may be able to find something that is free............I no longer ask my H if he minds that I go.............I tell him I am going to my meeting, and I will be back in an hour..............he gives me hell about it every week..........I dont care..............I explain to him that going one day a week somewhere by myself, I deserve that.....I want to get healthier.......most alanon meeting are in a church, so I tell my kids I am going to church...........which I am................and we say the Lords prayer and we talk about our HP (which I choose God)......Everyday that I come here.............and every meeting I attend.........I am learning so much more about myself........and is making me feel better about myself.......and is giving me the courage and the strength, to become a happier, stronger individual..........

Through alanon...........I learned the proper tools that I need...........I learned that I did need to work on me.......this is about me and what I can do for myself so I can be happy.

Hope you can get to a meeting...........keep coming here there are alot of great things to be learned..