View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newme2day

wondering about AA

Hi all! Today is day 5 of sobriety for me and I am feeling really good. I have struggled with drinking for about 20 years now. Always able to "control" it somewhat. But when I lose control . . . wow . . . I am another person, and I don't remember a thing. This website has been a blessing, but I am thinking that I would like to speak some people face to face who are facing the same thing. What are everyone's thoughts about Alcoholics Anonymous? I live in a really small town, and I have found that there are meetings here once a week, but I am kind of afraid to go, not knowing who will be there, and who might see me! Still worried about appearances I guess. If I can get past that, I would just genuinely like to know what to expect from someone who has been there. So please, let me know.

I don't want to do this on my own. I haven't made any promises to anyone in my family about my drinking, because they have come up empty in the past. This time, I figure I will SHOW everyone, not TELL everyone, but I need someone to be accountable to. Sorry this is so longwinded! Any thoughts?? I would greatly appreciate it!!