View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I ultimately think alcohol sucks for anyone ~ just like McDonalds sucks for anyone. I have seen every drinking pattern possible on this forum, yet the common denominator is that we all want it out of our lives yet find it so dam= hard to quit it. In one way or another we are all addicted to it, whether we want to admit it or not. I think what I am coming to terms with is that me+alcohol=unpredictability. Many times I could control my intake. (didn't enjoy doing it, but I could. I am a pretty tenacious, stubborn person, too, so that helps) However, I also have a list in my sobriety journal of times that I didn't/couldn't control my alcohol intake, starting in my teen years and ending early this year. That list comprises of my deepest regrets and the most shameful moments in my life. So, unless I had a guarantee that I could always control my intake (and I do not have that), I really am taking a huge risk (at the very least with my self respect) the minute I commit to drinking one alcoholic beverage. I am trying very hard to accept this with my whole being.