Old 01-27-2005, 03:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
runningfree

I just happened to literally "stumble" by and I can totally relate to your thoughts and feelings. I am very social when I am feeling "accepted" in an arena of people that I seem to have "fooled."

I do not like to tell anyone anything that I plan to do or that I have accomplished because I feel like I am jinxing myself and the actual validity and possibility of success will be taken away. It is very strange, but it takes a lot of energy to live this way. I also do not like to eat with others especially those that are so controlled and worried about their weight. It makes me crazy and sends me off to binge alone after I have been with them. If I were to say that I have lost a pound in public then I for sure gain three pounds after I have admitted it to anyone. If I admit to having done something that is good then somehow it becomes not as good once someone knows about it. I find that keeping things to myself is safer and much easier.
I am sure that all of this has to do with self-esteem, acceptance, ability to accept successes and failures and so on.
I have a hard time getting really close to anyone right now because I have been burned by a friend and I will not "let out" to anyone else. My hubby is a wonderful human being, but not at all an emotional feelings listener. This has always kept me "on guard" until I have finally understood what his inabilities were.
I wish you luck with your job quest and if you do not get it then don't worry because I won't ask and you don't have to worry about me because what you don't tell I don't ask.