Thread: Fear Solution
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Fear has many faces. I never realized how much fear I had until I stopped drinking and really looked at myself.

I think my biggest one was the fear of trusting others. It felt I was let down over and over again to the point that the only person I trusted to handle anything was me. I ran the show. I never looked at it as I was controlling others. I felt I could not trust them to handle it correctly (my way) so I had to do everything.

That is one thing I am learning to work on and I am not all the way there yet but I have come a good ways. First, I let others solve their own problems. I am there to listen and give advice when asked but I do not interject myself into their lives. Second, when it comes to my own issues I think about it, talk it over with my sponsor or a friend and then go from there. If I can do something, then I get off my ass and do it. If I can't then I turn it over to my HP to handle.

The third one I still am working on is wishing that people were different. It may not seem like it but, it is in a way, about control. It is about getting what I want. It mostly has to do with my mother. That is the hardest one, because she lives here and I have to deal with her on a daily basis. I am trying hard to let go but when it smacks you in the face everyday, well lets just say I have to say the serenity prayer several times a day but I am saying it and it helps. I am letting in go in small chunks, well not chucks but little bitty crumbs, but I am trying. Progress, not perfection...lol