Old 11-23-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SherylB

My AH truly believes he's not an A now that he left

Hey, lovely people suffering like me! I just wanted to update you on the latest situation with me. I emailed my AH, who left me over 2 weeks ago with no explanation, because I was looking for closure and asking straight up if he left to get divorced. He finally had the courage to say yes and that was just the closure I needed to retain my attorney. The whole email sucked because he was pompous and uncaring; However, this part of his email response floored me and although I'm trying not to let it bother me, I've been obsessing about it constantly. Be warned: it's really going to **** some of you off!

"As for me, I had to leave. I haven't been drinking since I left! That was huge for me, but you never even responded to that! You only call me an alcoholic. Anyway, I have now realized I am not an alcoholic and that my drinking was an escape from a bad relationship. I now have been spending time with family and am enjoying it. I never had that in **. I am getting closer to my kids and my new grandson."

So I wrote back "Thank you very much for your response. Obviously I could go on and on about things I disagree with, but there's no need to do that now because you and I will always disagree as you said, especially on the drinking and what caused you to drink. I'm okay with it, though. If you are doing well by believing that I am the cause of all your problems, I can live with that. I just hope one day you will come to terms with the real reasons why you drank because you drank heavily the day I met you. No one can cause you to drink. Our relationship was certainly a stressor to you, but the issues that caused you to drink are deep within you. Again, I'm happy for you that you're not drinking. That's awesome and I hope it continues, especially when you're around ****.

Anyway, it just shocked me that someone who drank 12+ beers a day every day can say he's not an alcoholic. I honestly don't believe it would be that easy to stop. He used to have trembling hands in the morning. Can anyone tell me if this is truly possible? As hard as I try, I can't help but wonder if the jerk really could do this in such a short period of time. Let me know if any of you have experience with this.