View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
anyistoomuch

Honestly - this would p*ss me off to no end. First she guilts you because you don't visit, but then she tells you you aren't welcome because you will put a damper on their boozing fun. Sounds just like my irish catholic mom and so many others I know of - they love jerking around the feelings of their daughters (sons seem to get a pass at this). (If you are a son...then I am wrong on that point - but not the irish catholic thing...

I told my mother once in a fit of anger that I need her in my life like I need a da*n two-by-four swung at my face. I told her that if she didn't start treating me better, I would be GONE GONE GONE because I don't have people in my life who I allow to treat me like sh*t, I don't care who the he*l she is. Then I told her she can call me for a blood transfusion or a kidney, but nothing else because I didn't want to talk to her anymore! She starting thinking before she said things and stopped taking me for granted - for a little while because she is a drinker and takes sleeping pills and seems to forget things.

Sorry for my rant here - this post clearly touched a nerve.