View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Quish16 View Post
Hammer, I don't always understand your posts because I am English but you always make me smile! Difficult to do nowdays so thank you so much.
Some Translation?

Regarding Lulu and the knife. (Lulu . . . dear <snicker> . . . . please forgive me while I talk of you as object)

I suppose the real theme is -- We see the world as we are, not as it is.

While I may think "fishwife (as she calls herself, some), with a Big Knife" is mighty hawt . . . . a lotta guys would find that sort of scary.

The knife in the picture is the knife Lorena Bobbitt used to cut off her husband's penis.

John and Lorena Bobbitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While she has the sort of twisted Alice In Wonderland and Cheshire Cat thing going on -- You do know that story, right? Lewis Carroll was English? Alice, especially Alice with a Big Knife can and could take care of herself. Nobody's Victim No More.

Where it gets twisted to American is the less forceful and more victim-like Dorothy. Do you know the Story of The Wizard of Oz?

Dorothy had went off to her Dreamland riding a Tornado -- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. While there, she had followed the Wizard of Oz, did his bidding, and the Wizard has flown off and left her. Maybe just call our various "A's" the Wizard of A instead of Oz, and we would all be there.

But at the end -- Dorothy -- us, as it were -- NEVER NEEDED the Wizard to get to What, and Where Home Sweet Home is and should be in our hearts. So she followed the advice and Good Ordered Direction from Glinda the Good Witch -- her HP, in our metaphorical model. She just had to know what it was in her heart and make it so. She clicked her heels, and she was home.

You follow that in my HP Realm, I do not have a population of Witches, Munchkins, Wizards and Talking Tin Men, Lions, and Scarecrows. I have a God that I call Joe, and I sort of ummm, really actually think, I see "Angels" all around me in Real Life. I am probably nuttier than Dorothy. But really we all might as well be in the same wacky story.

Dorothy woke up from her dream, back where she wanted to be, and I am pretty much still in Dream Land. Really I think a lot of us are just not quite ready to click our heels, yet. And that is okay, too. Dream on.