View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
pattyG

Making Your Own Laundry Detergent: A Detailed Visual Guide - The Simple Dollar

This is the recipe i use for soap..you can order the ingredients on Amazon if your local store doesn't carry them. I also subscribe to his daily email. It is FANTASTIC. Alot of money saving ideas, how to calculate what you need for retirement, best ways to evaluate cell phone plans, etc. Just alot of really useful stuff.

I actually am very financially stable. Had a bad experience in my 20's where I was so far in credit card debit I almost lost my house. had to borrow money from my mom until i could refinance and she put me through the ringer....letters, took the credit cards, etc I promised myself NEVER AGAIN. I now live like I make very little. I pay off my credit card every month. i use discover for the cash vback and charge everything...I get >$1000 a year in free money. I buy store brands, each yogurt past the sell by date, and try to instill in my kids that they don't need a ton of toys, etc. I cancelled my cable a year ago and now use netflick and jetflicks for shows. Love jetflicks, very reasonabla and has EVERYTHING from TV. I bought a Dongle for $65, that basically turns your TV into a tablet, therefore i can watch jetflicks or anything else on the internet on my TV. I share my cable with my neighbor/best friend. i bought a Wifi extender to make the signal stronger in my house.