View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tree1989

help - I need advice

My husband and I drink often and drink a lot (one or two drinks never happens) – this has been going on since we met about 2.5 years ago (I didn’t really drink before that)
I have wanted to quit for a while now due to the way it is affecting my life. I’ve seen me change from a happy, fun, very easy to get along person to basically a mean drunk that ends up past out. I don’t like the person I have turned into however I still want to drink and can’t stop thinking about it. My husband has no desire to quit and I don’t know how to get sober when our life revolves around drinking and partying. We host parties every weekend at our house and this weekend will be my first weekend sober. Im already annoyed and mad of the idea of him (and everyone else) getting drunk and having fun and I can see myself being the party kill and I don’t want that. I need advice on how to deal with this and also have fun. Him quitting with me would be so much easier but that is not going to happen right now. Is it possible to be sober and still be surrounded by it and not let it ruin me.