View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Txhelp

Now it's my daughter...again

Well...on this board some of you may be familiar with my husband of almost one year. He is currently in a rehab for meth after a 3 month relapse and being clean for 13 years. He is doing well.

Both of my children have struggled with drugs. My son (age 25 is out of a rehab in Sept) and my daughter (age 19) is on probation for mostly drug use. She is on a sweat patch and breathalyzer...4 x a day.

My rules: pickup after yourself; no drugs in house or drug use period. Pretty simple.

My daughter has moved over into synthetic marijuana...like many on probation do now. I have caught her, several times in the past and kick her out of the house. Probation knows, as I have told them. She does well for awhile and then bamm....she's high again. Recently her boyfriend cheated on her and they broke up. Excuse and I am sorry.

Both of my young adults have been living with me. Both are working full time. My son has a car that he purchased and my daughter doesn't. I am not buying their cars any more.

I caught my daughter, again, smoking synthetic marijuana. She appeared high last night. I found the packages in her room. Now I have told her that she needs to leave today.

I am so tired. In my codependent mind....I worry that she has a job that she won't be able to get to and will probably lose. She is now, again, going to bounce around from place to place. Things have been bad, for her, before...really bad and still same old crap. There is no logic here. Addicts have no reasoning. She attends AA meetings and has a sponsor but still seeks out drugs for coping.

I just need peace. Thanks for letting me vent. I hate this!