View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
devastated

Angry Nightmare Won't End!

Hello Everyone:

First I'd like to begin by responding to what Hangin' In said about her daughter being disrepectful to her Dad by shouting "I hate you." Hangin' In, I would absolutely die if anyone heard the way my son talked to me last night over the phone. Yes, yes, I would hang up, but he kept calling! I, myself, am 62 years old and have never used these words. I wonder if it is like your daughter's counselor said, the "cleansing period" that's causing these outburst or the Bipolar and not taking his meds.

Davidsmom: I'm in the same predicament as you because I'm so predictable...no more....last night I had it I think he'll believe me now read on...

My husband and I went away for the weekend and had a wonderful time. We came home and there weren't any messages so I thought GREAT all is well. Then the girlfriend called and said the son was harrassing her all weekend by phone. He was threatening, etc.

I called him (cellphone) and asked him about the agreement we had about not calling her anymore if he ever wanted to be part of our family again. He said he remembered but did it anyway. I lied to him and told him that neither she or he need ever call me with their problems. He was happy to hear that because he always says I take her side. Unfortunately, he called one time after that and he heard the girlfriends child in the background and went nuts!

He then called every second and said he was leaving Reno and on his way back here to fix us all. He said call his Dad and ask him if he was missing a gun! I did! He said yes, a shotgun! I called the "son" and told him the game was over I was calling the police and I did believe him when he said he was going to fix me and everyone else. He said go ahead (Davidsmom, remember all the empty threats?) well after I talked to the police I asked them to call him and let him know that I called them and they would be watching for him.

He didn't answer his phone so I asked the police to leave a message for him, they did. I called one time after that and I said, now you know that we refuse to live our lives like this anymore the game was over and the police are now involved. He said he didn't have a gun (his an x-felon) I said I don't know that and we're treating this as a threat on our lives! I told him if he didn't believe that the man who left a message was a real police officer he only had to call the station and ask for him. The calls stopped!!! We were able to sleep!!! This morning he called 7:00 am and said "are you having fun?" My reply was, "don't call here, I only need to make a phone call and he hung up."

He just called again now he said "so, what did the cops want to talk about" I said call them and find out. He said "too late, I'm already in town." I said fine and hung up.

I can't believe how scared he has made all of us (except my husband, who is afraid for me). The girlfriend stays here or elsewhere, can't go to her house. The baby (7 year old) sweet child is scared now too because of the Mom's reaction to the calls. I downplay things so she feels secure. I WILL GIVE HIM UP GLADLY JUST KNOWING WHAT HE IS DOING THE THIS CHILD!

Laceejoe: I did say there were days when I didn't want to wake up, but you know what??? I'm done! I'm thinking now only of this 7 year old and us now.. He can either get help and get better or do what he is always saying he's going to do...I'm powerless over his situation, but not mind! Hugs, Devastated