View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, just a quick drop in as I am getting ready for work.
Life, you know from living in Glasgow the total destruction of the addiction. You have the intelligence and strength to get away from it. What you have lacked is the desire to never, ever drink again. If you can switch that on, I KNOW you will succeed. It took me forever to believe I could live without alcohol, I know now that I can. Unbelievably, once you let it go, you don't even miss it as badly as you thought you would. You need to find another 'go to' guy in your time of trouble, and AA could well give you that. Please sweetie promise to go as many times as you can over the next week? Xx

Mesoso, Chuff Duff and Babs, complacency is really the only long term weapon AV can use. Once you are away from of the addiction and the habit, it is all it has left to fight with. You can never stop being vigilant. If you think you can, look at the posts from newbies coming back after having been sober for 10,20 years and thought they could moderate. Get the next few weeks under your belts and start looking at long term plans for maintaining recovery.

Marcher, I am glad Dee is in your time zone honey, you needed to hear that. You are not superhuman, and I know how hard you have taken it that your mistake has impinged on others. But you can forgive yourself, and the silver lining is that it brought forward another sober awakening.

Sass, you get to be Ma Clampett this thread! Yay! Pass the possum stew!

Wehav, there appears to be a nautical theme to your bad jokes? I am a lover of what I call Christmas cracker jokes, the sort that make you groan rather than chortle, but my favourite ever is just plain silly; Q what do you get when you cross an elephant with a peanut butter sandwich? A , a peanut butter sandwich that never forgets, or an elephant that sticks to the roof of your mouth!! Lol

Ok late for work now peeps hi Budd DD 1day and everyone else. cheery!