Old 11-08-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

I'm going against everyone else 's responses here but tbh at 8 days sober the last thing on my mind would have been dating. The more sober time I get the more I realize I need to work on me and me only.

As you are asking for advice I do think a first date at 8 days sober isn't a great idea for many reasons. The stress and pressure before the date would most likely have made me drink. Being on the date itself would make me want to drink,particularly if my date was drinking. All the emotions/stresses in early dating are just too much-will he call won't he call,does he like m,does he not,what did I do/say etc. It went well,I'll drink.It went badly ,I 'll drink. If he doesn't call I'll probbaly drink as have no other coping skills yet.

I'm not saying put your life on hold forever but the more sober time I get the more I realize I need to build up life skills,coping skills to deal with issues that arise and situations I'm in instead of drinking. On day 8 maybe just concentrate on getting you better before you're ready to bring someone else into the mix.