Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FourSeasons

Good morning, Anyistoomuch!

First, congratulations for identifying the beast --

Originally Posted by anyistoomuch View Post
This is me this morning.

It is Friday 7:43am in Boston. I have already had three instances since I woke up an hour ago thinking about how I am going to handle this, and noting that voice that says "oh, just deal with stopping drinking later - this weekend you can have some drinks because - Look at you! You are 8 days with no wine. You can do this anytime!"

Ha ha ha! That voice is IRRITATING. @$%^$@%@ AV!
That is exactly what I have said to myself... Especially if I was able to scratch together a few consecutive days of sobriety. Though ALL bets were off once I had that first sip of wine...

I never had a problem drinking alone, and I enjoyed quality drinking time with my girlfriends, so I rarely dated, although I put up an online profile which I most often ignored because I was quite happy spending my fun time drinking on my own or with my buddies.
Me too! I would prefer to drink alone because I could not trust myself in public. Also, when I would go out with friends for dinner and drinks, I would usually end up staring at the clock and getting anxious that I would not be able to make it to the wine store before it closed. My friends would stay out and I would make an excuse to leave early... Why... so I could get a nice bottle of wine, drink it at home and all alone, to eventually pass out. HOW FUN IS THAT ??? !!!

In my profile - I put "drinks socially" which was a total lie because I actually was a-Daily-drinker-to-excess-abuser-of-alcohol-whether-I-can-call-myself-an-alcoholic-or-not. (funny, they don't have that option on these online sites when they ask about your drinking habits).
LOL! I can relate to that. Though would you want to date someone like that? I wouldn't. No way would I want to date someone who drank like me. We would be dead by the 10th date!!!

Regarding your date tonight... I say just go for it! You have nothing vested in this guy and nothing to lose. Meeting at a coffee shop is a great way to sum someone up. If you feel he is a partier then STAY AWAY!!! Just think of this date as a way to practice your sobriety. Just stay resolute in your decision not to have that one glass of wine. Nothing ever good comes from it!

I look forward to reading an update on how your evening went!

PS - Don't you agree that Boston is a WICKED AWESOME city!!! I love it!!