Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
boombox

I think 360 is right-its just a date. Stop putting pressure on yourself. There are plenty of people out there that don't need to be in a state of drunkeness to enjoy simple things like the cinema, a meal out etc.

I was with a guy for years who I believe contributed to my drinking problem a lot. He had a problem and I kidded myself that for us to function in a relationship I needed to develop a relationship with alcohol much like his. This obviously is rubbish and not worth the hassle I've put myself through. He's happy with his drinking, I'm not happy with mine, but because we weren't too committed to each other, I decided to take myself away from this source of behaviour that is ultimately damaging to myself. I found it hard to change things once habits had been established.

My point is, there's no pressure, you see how it goes, don't give into the AV and see how you get on with him. This could also turn out to be empowering for you-to go on a date with a drinker and not give in! He's not gonna think anything about you not drinking. Plus it sets a precedent for future dates and puts in place some good healthy habits for you to move on together with.

Good luck