View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

100 days can be rough - it's long enough for us to feel good again...and it's also long enough for us to forget a lot of the bad stuff....It feels like we've been sober for.ev.er -

but it's a little too soon for all the good stuff that others tell us about to have kicked in.

You start to think 'huh...is this is it? is this as good as it gets?'...and the wheels start turning...

My advice is to think about it. You gave years to drinking...you've given 3 months to recovery.

It took me at least 3 months to notice that I was still thinking alcoholically a lot of the time even tho my last drink was 3 months ago.

Things will get exponentially faster from here tho Doug - the next 3 months tend to go pretty quick...breakneck quick if I remember rightly

When I would think 'maybe I can have some fun and drink in moderation" - and I did - I would sit myself down and say

self...drink again and there's at least a chance that all that bad stuff that nearly killed you could happen again...

We can quibble on the likelihood but the chance is there.

If we don't drink, and stay sober - there's no chance.

I clung to that some nights - it takes a little faith sometimes but you're doing the right thing.

If this is a wedding you have to go to - get a plan together. Now. Cover all the likely situations and temptations and have a strategy in place for them all.

Include an escape plan too - unless it's your own wedding, there's nothing that you need to be all night at if things get too difficult.

Have a good sober weekend. Have faith. Stay strong.
D