View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Get busy doing stuff to keep your mind off of the "maybe I can have a couple in moderation" track. I made ten and a half months and then thought the same thing. Right back to where I left off.

If you are having anxiety about the wedding or drinking at the wedding, is there a possibility that you don't go? If you do go, do you have a plan as to what you will do if you feel an urge to drink? Things like having your own transportation so you don't have to stay if you feel uncomfortable and not having to rely on someone who is going to stay to the bitter, drunken end of the reception. Going to the ceremony but not the reception. Going to the reception but leaving after the dinner. That kind of stuff. It helps to make a plan. I know a guy who has four years sobriety and he didn't go to a wedding this past summer because he knew he shouldn't.

Keep posting here and go to meetings if you are going to meetings. The biggest step you took is to come on here and admitting that you are having these thoughts and concerns. For me, being honest about what I was feeling and could and couldn't do helped me overcome urges or at least ride the wave through them and not pick up a drink.

Good luck!