Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Starting Step 4, Opening that Can of Worms...

So, I got my Blueprint for Progress book last night and am starting Step 4 ("Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves..."). I've been avoiding it for months. Who wants to look at themselves and make a brutally honest assessment of their strengths and WEAKNESSES. This is harder than I thought it would be, even though I got the book because I'm ready to start. This is like opening Pandora's box, not knowing what you will find. I don't know if it's harder for us ACoA because we have a whole lifetime of crap to weed through to get to the good stuff, or just because I lived in an I'm Perfect and Always Right and I Have Control of EVERYTHING bubble for so long. Obviously I haven't been in that fantasy land of pain and disaster for all of the time over the past year-ish, and I've made strides in the I Really Can Do It and You Don't Always Have to Open Your Mouth departments, but this is still hard. I don't like putting the spotlight on myself because that means facing reality. Anyway, I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but if anyone would like to share their thoughts on Step 4 as an ACoA, I'd love to hear them!