Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
steelman1649

Originally Posted by thecomplicated1 View Post

now, we have just moved in together in the hope that i could control him more and not give him the option to run down the street to by alcohol.
This is a huge red flag!!!!

4 months is quick to move in with someone even in a flourishing healthy relationship. You are getting yourself into something you aren't prepared for. Luckily you are early on enough in this relationship that you can still make a logical choice rather than an emotional one following years together or marriage.

You will need to either accept him the way he is and deal with the constant consequences of living with an A, or decide not to live at the circus.

Times like these you really need to think about your future. At this stage of his disease he is lucky he wasn't fired, but that wont last long.

I guess my question is at only 4 months of dating, why are you signing up for the misery? I think you are worth more than that. You should evaluate his personal problems like you would in any dating situation. If a friend wanted to set you up on a date and said "Would you be interested in going out with an alcoholic who gets drunk at work?" What would you say?