View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

I cannot understand why I would want to drink over Christmas. My last big drunk was NYE, round boozer mates house and it was disaster.in my mind I'm looking forward to Christmas to NOT be drunk and to enjoy every single moment sober. Truly, it's a load of rubbish, buying bottles of this wine & that, going down the same old boozer they go down every week of the year, seeing the same old faces, only because it's Christmas they talk to each other, then come home hash the dinner, probably have a massive row & don't remember any of it.

My Christmas begins very early with putting up my tree & decorations, which will take me a whole weekend, usually the first weekend in December. I really make a big thing of it, no room for booze & hangovers there, climbing up my tree, it's Hugh and I take pride in it. Covering everywhere with lights, I'm like a little girl again. Yes, I've had drinking Christmasses with all the rows, fights and hangover from hell, not remembering what you said, who you insulted that horrible, terrible feeling. Please, tell me, what's to look forward to about that?? Take care.