Thread: Day 2
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
dirk626

Originally Posted by beancounter26 View Post
Hi Dirk, just checking in. I hope day 4 went well for you. That is awesome how you were able to help your wife in a time of need. You both got to experience the benefits of your sobriety! Congrats.
Day 4 went real well. Still tired but my mind feels clearer and my mood is good. No time to even think about drinking today, but I didn't. My daughter's high school volleyball team finished up their year tonight with a loss at Regionals for a seat in the state tournament. This team beat them twice this year so it was not unexpected. One thing I have never done is show up at one of my children's events after drinking. My father, when he showed up, always showed up smelling like booze. I swore I would never do that and I have stuck to that oath. So, I never had the urge to drink on days when I knew that I had a kid thing to attend.

How are doing? Since your on SR today I assume you're doing well. I've only been out here a few days but I have already grown to feel a vested interest in those that I have reached out to support, and to those that have supported me. I feel relieved when I see they have posted. I know folks are busy, but I'm guessing if you don't hear from someone in a while it could mean that they have stumbled.

Thanks for checking in Beancounter26, it matters!