View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Soo just now getting back to your thread! Sheesh a lot has happened since I last read it. Actually I was very sick with a stomach virus. It was awful! It looks like you've been through the wringer as well. Although in a different way! I admire your attitude and your escape plan. How does your mom feel about your having to uproot yourself and your son every month to escape from hubby's madness? She can't be too thrilled with the way her daughter and grandson are forced to flee their own home. That is pretty selfish on his part to act like this and do nothing to get better. I understand he has a disease but so do you and where does that leave your son? I hope he wasn't sabotaging your sobriety on purpose. It's quite common for sick people to want their spouse to remain sick. It takes the spotlight off of them and helps to make them feel less guilty. He can say "well at least I'm not a drug addict!" Or something to that effect.

So sorry this seems very negative, but I'm in the outside looking in and I see how hard you are trying to remain clean. How hard you are trying to be a good mother to your son and protect him from these episodes. Even it's so clear how hard you work and what you have to put up with because you are trying so hard to keep this family together. I just wish your husband would try half as hard as you are.

I'm not advocating or even advising you to leave your husband. This is your decision. I'm sure your husband is probably normal and a great guy and father when he's not having an episode. I'm sure that is why you stay. Like you said it only happens once a month.

I'm just wondering, have you ever told him you wouldn't be back until he gets some help for his PTSD? You know, set up some clear bounderies of what you expect from him? Do you think he would do it so as not to loose his family? You said he mainly needs his meds and therapy.

Anyway, please don't take my post in a negitive way. I'm only writing this because you seem like such a rational, clear headed, intelligent, caring, and loving spouse and mother you deserve the very best as well as success in your recovery!

Please keep posting! Sorry this was harsh but I don't mean it to be its just my reaction.