View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
I figure if the person who drinks gets to lie on the couch for 2 hours in front of the football game, then I might as well crack open a beer.
Well, Grace, I have BTDT, and it has never been worth it. But I very well know the feeling. When I am successfully sober, I am suddenyl acutely aware of all the wasted time that happens because of it. Watching hubby have 6-8 beers on a Sat. night and sleeping in to 11, while I am up at 7 or 8. Ugh. and then, also, keeping the house quiet for that long because he is sleeping. He never seems t have hangovers or never admits to them. But does sleep very late on those mornings.

I do try to rationalize it a bit, as I do not work. So, I figure, it is his only day to sleep in, and drinking or not, I would tolerate that part of it. I am a napper, sober or as a drunk. Just am. So, i try to be fair there. but i get so jealous of his drinking and it is often my downfall in sobriety.

I know I failed last night, so I understand I am hard to respect right now. I do always feel better about myself for being sober. always. You can do this, Grace.