View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
kellbell123

I feel like my sober muscles are getting a bit stronger. Yesterday I had a really long as stressful day at work. I was consumed with a production support issue for over 6 hours straight and by the time it was resolved I was feeling the desire to drink. This is the 'it's been hard day I deserve a drink' trigger. I was driving home with thoughts like 'I'm drink at dinner and I don't care' (yikes). But then without much thought I started seeing it all the way through. By this time I'm on the fence and I would decide I was going to drink or not at the restaurant. Fast forward to getting home, getting in the car and deciding where to go. I told my husband 'you choose'. He picked a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol and I said 'sounds good'. And I was thinking 'good. No booze, no worries'

After dinner craving was totally gone.

I have tried to quit drinking many times. In 2012 I even went 3 months. I feel like this time is different. Something in me is changing. But with that said I know how easy it is to become complacent and stop working your program. So I fully intend to stay focused on my sobriety even though I'm feeling stronger.

I hope everyone has a great and sober weekend!