View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Renarde

Hey folks, just popping in.

UI, I'm sorry you don't feel many immediate benefits from staying sober. In ten years time your body will thank you. Do you think you might be depressed or benefit from some treatment for depression?

Not much happening tonight...quiet eve. I think I have what the baby is sick with. Ick. We went out for dinner and you UKers will be happy to know I had a "traditional Irish breakfast" for dinner. Eggs, rashers, bangers, hash browns, toast, and tomatoes. I ate it all and it was awesome.

Husband is letting me do my thing with sobriety, which i appreciate. He said tonight that he doesn't expect it to last. He didn't say it in a mean way, just matter of fact, and not that blunt either (I'm just too lazy to type any more than this) and I don't blame him, honestly, because I've tried to quit before and I often take up on fads, etc that don't last. I feel different this time and I have never gone 66 days before, so lets just focus on 67 days, and so on.

I saw some pictures of myself and man I have lost a ton of weight. It amounts to about ten lbs on the scale but looks like more to me. I didn't realize booze was inflating me. That is enough to never drink again!

Just want to encourage any of our members who are lurking to join back in.

Happy Friday lovies.