Thread: Exhausted Wife!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DALinUSA

I say that because I control my actions, I can't control what he does (or won't stop doing). I hate taking the extra steps to count out my medicine every day and I have purchased 2 different safes with electronic combinations (so there was no key) and he's managed to break into both. He's a senior level professional and great at what he does - even when he only applies 30-50% of his effort. I have the option of leaving the medicine locked up at work, which I usually do. It's the extended weekends or vacation that causes a problem. I'm not here to whine - and I hope it's not coming across that way. I just have no one to talk to about the laundry list of "issues" I'm dealing with. I have my husband, my son - with pot and my then my mom......oh my mom - the hoarder from "you know where'.

Adult protective services had to put her in a nursing home, I'm an only child and I just recently found out - after only knowing that my mother was an orphan left in a trash can in front of a NYC hospital - that she has a family (2 brothers, 1 sister) and was involved in the more seedy part of New Jersey when she ran away at 15 and became a stripper. Of course she's been a very heavy abuser of achohol and pot since probably close to that age - and now she has personality disorder with memory loss. Her mother and father are both dead but I've just started conversaions with one of her brothers. Getting off topic here - but I just wanted to say trying to say I'm having trouble finding my strength most days and MISS my husband (the way he used to be) dearly!!!!