View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
spiderqueen

Originally Posted by Eddiebuckle View Post

In a way, your ex paid you a compliment. He knows you well enough to know that your integrity (ie the fact that your emotions, words and actions are consistent with one another) and his drinking are not compatible. He bailed, because he can not bring his actions in line with his emotions and words, and sooner or later the outcome would be the same. He cut his losses, and he cut yours as well.
Broken, please listen carefully to the wisdom above, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak...

I actually asked my XA to let me go, hoping he had enough love and respect for me to acknowledge that his actions were never going to match his words, and he couldn't keep on hurting and disappointing me.

But no, I had to do the breaking up. It's ugly, either way. It just plain sucks when you love someone, and they are hell bent on destroying themselves, and nothing you do or say makes a difference.

We can only hope that, like Eddie, our XA's will one day grab onto a better life for themselves. But whether or not they do, we can ENSURE that we will.

Take care of yourself! and (((hugs))) to you.