Thread: Do they return?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I don't believe they come back, no. I am sorry to say that.

I think it takes alot of them working on them after rehab (at least a year) and you working on you independently. Then if you are still interested to go to therapy, see who you are now and if you still want to pursue a relationship with each other. That goes both ways. It's important to say I am not the same either. I have become suspicious and bitter about alot of things. Unfortunately I don't know if I can get away from that behavior and be with him, it's just too much. Only when I am not around him do I feel as though I am my real self. I do know I cannot live with that bad behavior from myself for the rest of my life, it is not who I want to be. I guess I am soul searching a bit right now.

I thought rehab was going to "cure" my husband. Hahaha. The only one that can cure him is him with the help of God and a support system. This is being said 3.5 years later. He is not the same person he was before, he is not the same person he was during. He is still a binge drinker. I still react.

All people are different. I don't think you truly ever get to know an addict until they are not one anymore, to me that changes their entire personality. They lie, cheat, all sorts of bad behavior that does change them.

I hope you are taking the time to work on you, that is the one person you are in control of.

Blessings. Keep posting, you are not alone!